This theme has been retired and is no longer being actively developed. Don’t worry, it should still work for some time and will continue to receive critical updates for up to one year from your original purchase date. Learn More Here
Before we can really get started, you need to add content to WordPress. There are a few of different content types that you can create with Waves
- Posts: Create posts using a variety of post formats
- Pages: static posts that do not have categories.
- Portfolio: Special post type for building portfolios
Each of these content items have a page where you can display the posts in a special format, and a sub page which displays the individual posts. For example, the portfolio will list all the portfolios you’ve created , and when you click on a specific thumbnail it will display the portfolio post contents
Once you’ve populated the relevant post types with information you can then add them to your homepage via the→ section in your WordPress administration area.
Recommended Image Sizes
For best results, upload images at least 500 pixels wide.
If you prefer to pre-load our demo content into your theme to start with, right click the below link and choose Save As.
The demo file cannot setup the theme or widgets for you, so please continue with the setup documentation to learn how to master your theme.
To use this file:
- Unzip the downloaded package to find the XML.
- Upload this file under → → WordPress.
- If prompted to install the plugin, follow the steps to install and activate.
- Browse to the file and upload.
- Check the box to import the demo media. Note that some images may not download, so you will need to edit those posts to add your own.
Even if you load the demo content, we recommend you go through the next few sections on how to use the various content types, or you can skip to Configuring Theme Options.