This theme has been retired and is no longer being actively developed. Don’t worry, it should still work for some time and will continue to receive critical updates for up to one year from your original purchase date. Learn More Here
Your theme uses post formats, which allow for special formatting of posts in the blog list. To create normal posts, select Standard from the Post Format box to the right of your post editor.
Before you add posts, it is a good idea to plan out your content structure. Posts may be divided into several topics, such as News, Lifestyle, Interviews and so on. View your theme demo to see how we use categories in your theme.
- Click on →
- Add a new category to serve as your main News category, then click Add New Category. For example, our demo uses “Latest News.”
- Repeat to add a category named Featured. You can use the Featured category to hand-pick posts from across multiple categories to display in your widgets.
- Add a Sound and Video category to showcase those post types if you plan to use them.
- Add more categories as desired, but keep them general to make navigating your content easier.
- Use Tags in your posts to break the content down into more detailed topics if needed.
Sub-categories are not shown directly in the archives menu, but can be added to your main navigation menu if desired. This is not required, but is helpful for Search Engine Optimization. Categorizing posts also allows you to display separate blog feed pages for each category, if desired.
Learn more about Categories here.
Add a Post
- Click on →
- Add a title and enter your content.
- Create an excerpt by either typing some text into the Excerpt field below the post editor.
- Click Browse in the theme’s Options panel below the post editor to add a featured image.
- Tip: If using video Embeds (instead of oEmbed) add a featured image to encourage click-throughs to your main video post
- Add any additional content in the options panel, such as links or video
- Add some tags
- Click Publish