This theme has been retired and is no longer being actively developed. Don’t worry, it should still work for some time and will continue to receive critical updates for up to one year from your original purchase date. Learn More Here
Your theme is designed to display featured products via a variety of widgets on your homepage, and also supports a simple eCommerce shop. You will need at least three products to test all aspects of the theme.
The Product post type allows you to list and categorize your products.
- Go to →
- Add the product name in the Title field. Try to keep this short and sweet.
- Enter any copy or product information into the post editor. For best results, keep this brief and do not insert images here.
- Click Browse in the Image field of the Clean Cut Options panel below the post editor to upload a featured image for the product.
- At the bottom of the Options panel, enter a Product Price
- Enter a Product Link. This link is typically to a digital product, such as one hosted in your own Media Library or Download Monitor plugin, or on a third party site such as iTunes, RedBubble, etc.
- Enter some Product Tags. Tags work like keywords and not only help WordPress tailor search results more accurately, but help Search Engines rank and catalog your product posts.
- Select the Product Category your product belongs to, or create a new category by clicking on (Enter the Category name and hit enter. )
- Click Publish
Add Additional Image Thumbnails on Product Posts
You may have additional images for your products, such as photos showing a different angle or color, or variations in style. We make this easy by allowing you to upload any additional images using the standard WordPress media library. All images attached to your product post will either be displayed on the product page as thumbnails below the product featured image. View an example on the Clean Cut demo
- Within the product post, click on the Add Media button above the post editor.
- Click Select Files to browse to your images and upload them (you may need to click Upload Files first)
- When complete, click each image to view the image details on the right.
- Close the Media manager (hit the X in the corner) without inserting any images into the post. They only need to be attached/uploaded to the post gallery.
Add Intro text or special Excerpts
The WordPress Excerpt field allows you to add special promo or intro text for your products that is separate from the product description. This text displays in widgets where Excerpts are enbled, and on the product post just below the product title. To enable the Excerpt field on your product post, click Screen Options in the upper-right.
Setup The Shop Page
- Click on →
- Give your page a Title
- Select the Shop page template from the Template drop-down.
- Click Publish
- Go to → and add the page to your menu. Detailed instructions for setting up menus is included at the end of this documentation.