Before we can really get started, you first need to add content to WordPress. There are a number of different content types that you can create with Ambition:
- Standard, Video and Audio Post Formats
Each of these content items have a page where you can display the posts in a special format, and a sub page which displays the individual posts. For example, the gallery will list all the galleries you’ve uploaded using a “Masonry” style layout, and when you click on a specific gallery it will display the featured or first image and the gallery thumbnail navigation.
Detailed instructions on adding each content type are covered on the following pages.
Once you’ve populated the relevant post types with information you can then add them to your homepage via the→ section in your WordPress administration area.
If you prefer to pre-load our demo content into your theme to get a head start, you may use our demo content file. Note that this file cannot setup widgets or Theme Options – continue with the documentation even after loading this file.
The demo file cannot setup the theme or widgets for you, so please continue with the setup documentation to learn how to master your theme.
To use this file:
- Unzip the downloaded file to find the ambition_demo_content.xml file
- Go to → and select WordPress
- If prompted to install the plugin, follow the steps to install and activate.
- Browse to the xml file and upload.
- Check the box to import the demo media. Note that some images may not download, so you will need to edit those posts with your own.
If you are not using eCommerce, we recommend downloading this XML without products for faster import:
Even if you load the demo content, we recommend you go through the next few sections on how to use the various content types, or you can skip to Configuring Theme Options.