This theme has been retired and is no longer being actively developed. Don’t worry, it should still work for some time and will continue to receive critical updates for up to one year from your original purchase date. Learn More Here
WordPress 3.4+ introduces a user-friendly and simple theme customization panel that assists you in tweaking certain aspects of your theme such as the logo, favicon, colors, background and other standard WordPress display settings. Through the customizer, you can create a completely new color theme to make Ambition reflect your style and personality.
Oh no, I screwed up! How can I go back to the theme defaults?
You can reset your colors to the default by expanding the General Theme Settings section and selecting Yes:
In the event this does not reset all colors, expand the color scheme panel, locate the color that is not resetting and click the Default button, then Save.
The customizer is still an early feature of WordPress , and as such is not perfect. If a color change is not updating in the preview panel, Save and refresh the page.
How to customize your theme
- Click → OR
- Click →
- Click Customize next to the theme thumbnail.
You will then have access to the following customizable options, with the theme-specific sections in bold:
- Site title & tagline
- General Theme Settings
- Header Color Scheme
- Content Color Scheme
- Footer Color Scheme
- Background Image
- Static Front Page
Site Title & Tagline
- Site Title: This is displayed in the browser’s title bar and is the same setting under Settings → General.
- Tagline: Also displayed in the browser’s title bar, you may optionally leave this blank.
General Theme Settings
- Use the Default? Select Yes if you need to reset, or No to begin building a custom scheme.
- Custom Logo: Upload an image to replace the “Cleansale” logo. For best results, use an image that is around 250 pixels wide by 35 pixels tall and is not larger than 450 pixels wide or 200 pixels tall. You can access full custom Logo options under Theme Options
- Custom Favicon: This should be a 16px by 16px PNG or transparent gif and appears in the browser’s address bar next to your URL. Access full favicon options under Theme Options
Header Color Scheme
Change the color of elements in the body or layout area. Not ALL classes are included here. To change the color of an element not affected by the customizer, grab the style by right-clicking and choosing Inspect Element in your browser, then copy the style into the Custom CSS of your Theme Options area to customize it.
- Header Container Background – Background behind header image or collage
- Header Text – Color of text over the header image or collage (not shown if disabled)
- Header Bottom Border – Line along the bottom of the image
- Navigation Link Color – Main menu link color
- Navigation Link Hover Color – Main menu link hover color
- Navigation Link Hover Background – Color of oval around the link when hovering
- Sub-menu Background – Color of drop-down menu background
- Sub-menu Link Color – Link color in the sub-menus
- Sub-menu Link Hover Color – Link color in the sub-menu when hovering
- Sub-menu Link Hover Background Color – Color of background on the sub-menu link when hovering
*The background of the top of the site is your main header image.The header background color is not visible if you have a header image uploaded.
Content Color Scheme
Change the color of elements in the content/post area. Below we explain what these elements refer to
- General Body Text – Text in your posts and pages not affected by other styles
- Alternate Content Baackground – box on posts
- Image Background – color of the background area of the images if they do not fill out the container
- Borders – color of lines and borders
- Links – general link color in your posts and pages not affected by other styles
- Links Hover – hover link color for general links
- Post Titles – titles of posts, images in widgets archives and single posts
- Post Dates – color of the meta text such as date, author or category
- Section Titles – color of section titles (black by default) such as “Comments” etc
- Page Titles – color of page titles
- Widget Titles – color of widget titles on homepage, footer ad sidebars
- Buttons Text – color of link/text in buttons
- Buttons Borders – border color for buttons
- Button Background – color of oval button background
- Buttons Text Hover- color of link/text in buttons when hovering
- Buttons Borders Hover- border color for buttons when hovering
- Button Background Hover- color of oval button background when hovering
Note these may not affect special widgets/plugins you are using.
Footer Color Scheme
- Footer Container – The main background of the footer area
- Footer Widget Titles – Change the color of the widget titles, if widgets are used
- Footer Text Color – General text color not affected by other styles, including the copyright and footer text below the widget area
- Footer Link Color – Color of Links in the footer widgets and menu
- Footer Copyright Text – Color your copyright separately from general footer text
- Footer Copyright Background – Color the copyright bar separately from the footer area
Colors & Background
Change general colors such as the header text and Background color. We recommend using the main Background manager under→ for access to all of the options available to you for changing the background.
Add custom CSS in one of the following ways:
For elements not covered by the Customizer, you can use custom CSS to change just about anything. We offer a Custom Styling area in to store your styles. This option saves custom CSS in your WordPress database. If your theme files are lost or if you need to reinstall, everything in your database is retained and safe. Older themes may not have this option.
- Go to →
- Enter or paste your styles into the Custom CSS field. You can grab styles using Inspect Element in your browser.
- Click Save
This option may be easier to manage for advanced designers, but does require backup and maintenance if the theme files need to be reinstalled for any reason.
- Go to→
- Click the custom.css link in the lower-right corner
- Enter or paste your codes on a blank link below any existing text
- Click Update File
Only copy styles you have changed or will customize into these areas – never copy the entire theme stylesheet as this can impede your theme’s ability to recognize important changes we make in hotfixes and theme updates.