This theme has been retired and is no longer being actively developed. Don’t worry, it should still work for some time and will continue to receive critical updates for up to one year from your original purchase date. Learn More Here
This section covers the following:
IMPORTANT: If you downloaded from Themeforest: Unzip the file downloaded from Themeforest before uploading it anywhere. Inside are some extras and the theme package, called themename_single.zip. (Example: gigawatt_single.zip or ambition_single.zip)
Use the below process to install the main theme file, then repeat to install the eCommerce child theme extension.
- Unzip the themename_single.zip to find the theme folder.
- Connect to your web space using an FTP client and upload the theme folder to the wp-content/themes/directory.
- Example: Make sure that the path is wp-content/themes/gigawatt/ and not wp-content/themes/gigawatt_single/gigawatt as this will cause some functions to break.
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel and go to →
- Locate the theme thumbnail and click the Activate link.
See below for how to activate the eCommerce Child Theme after installing it.
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel and go to Appearance → Themes
- Click the Install Themes tab at the top.
- Click the
- Click the Browse button and navigate to the location of your themename_single.zip file. Select the file and click Open.
- Click Install Now to begin the installation.
- Wait for the success message, then click Activate.
For the eCommerce Child Theme, ensure you activate the ecommerce version:
- Connect to your web server via FTP or with your web host control panel.
- Browse to wp-content > themes > gigawatt and open the functions folder.
- Right-click the cache folder and choose the CHMOD or Set Permissions option (the option name will vary depending on your software)
- Set the permissions to 777 (full rights).
- Repeat this for your wp-content/uploads folder if you are installing a theme that comes with the OCMX Gallery (Mag.Press, Gloss, Smoke, Photolist, etc)
If you are a ThemeForest customer, or downloaded your theme more than a few days ago, it is a good idea to check for theme updates before diving into setup. We recommend you update the main theme before installing/activating the eCommerce child theme, and use an updated child theme package for install.
Check for theme updates under Install the updates you need.→ . Follow the inline instructions to check your theme version and
You may also update manually or re-install the theme with a fresh version (recommended). Custom CSS may be safely restored after the reinstall if needed. You can view a detailed walk-through of both options here: