Before we can really get started, you need to add content to WordPress. There are a few of different content types that you can create with CleanSale:
- Posts: Create standard posts for your blog, news, etc, divided by categories
- Pages: static posts that do not have categories.
- Portfolio: Special post type for building portfolios
- Slider: Special post type for CleanSale that allows you to create visual posts just for the slider – use for promotions, etc.
Each of these content items have a page where you can display the posts in a special format, and a sub page which displays the individual posts. For example, the shop will list all the products you’ve created , and when you click on a specific product it will display the product details and Buy Now button.
WooCommerce adds several shop pages for you automatically. Adding products are explained in the next section. If you have not installed WooCommerce yet, please do so before continuing.
Once you’ve populated the relevant post types with information you can then add them to your homepage via the→ section in your WordPress administration area.
Recommended Image Sizes
For best results, upload images at least 800 pixels wide.
If you prefer to pre-load our demo content into your theme to start with, right click the below link and choose Save As.
The demo file cannot setup the theme or widgets for you, so please continue with the setup documentation to learn how to master your theme.
To use this file:
- Unzip the downloaded package to find the XML.
- Upload this file under → → WordPress.
- If prompted to install the plugin, follow the steps to install and activate.
- Browse to the file and upload.
- Check the box to import the demo media. Note that some images may not download, so you will need to edit those posts to add your own.
Even if you load the demo content, we recommend you go through the next few sections on how to use the various content types, or you can skip to Configuring Theme Options.