Have you seen Elementor?
Our flagship product, Layers has been acquired by the team at Elementor.
With a powerful, fast page builder, Elementor is the best way to get your site online with as little effort as possible.
This article covers basic use of the standard Post in WordPress. Check out the following video walkthroughs for a visual supplement to these detailed steps.Before you add posts, it is a good idea to plan out your content structure. Posts may be divided into several topics, such as News, Lifestyle, Interviews and so on. View your theme demo to see how we use categories in your theme.
- Click on →
- Add a new category to serve as your main News category, then click Add New Category. For example, our demo uses "Latest News."
- Repeat to add a category named Featured. You can use the Featured category to hand-pick posts from across multiple categories to display in your widgets.
- Add a Sound and Video category to showcase those post types if you plan to use them.
- Add more categories as desired, but keep them general to make navigating your content easier.
- Use Tags in your posts to break the content down into more detailed topics if needed.
Add a Post
- Click on →
- Add a title and enter your content.
- Create an excerpt by either typing some text into the Excerpt field below the post editor.
- Click the add a featured image.
link in the post editor sidebar to
- Tip: If using video Embeds (instead of oEmbed) add a featured image to encourage click-throughs to your main video post
- Add any additional content in the options panel, such as links or video
- Add some tags
- Click Publish
Motion Picture Post Options Panel
See How to Add Featured Videos for specifics on using the Post Options panel to add videos
Motion Picture has an additional option for setting the video size in the post:
By default, Standard is selected, which will show your video at the normal Youtube/Vimeo size and quality with a right sidebar. Full Width should be selected if you have an HD video, and will display the video at 960px wide (720p quality)