Have you seen Elementor?
Our flagship product, Layers has been acquired by the team at Elementor.
With a powerful, fast page builder, Elementor is the best way to get your site online with as little effort as possible.
This theme has been retired and is no longer being actively developed. Don’t worry, it should still work for some time and will continue to receive critical updates for up to one year from your original purchase date. Learn More Here
WordPress 3.4+ introduces a user-friendly and simple theme customization panel that assists you in tweaking certain aspects of your theme such as the logo, favicon, colors, background and other standard WordPress display settings. Through the customizer, you can create a completely new color theme to make Ambition reflect your style and personality.
To help you go back to the theme defaults yourself, we have provided a color key at the end of this section.
The customizer is still an early feature of WordPress , and as such is not perfect. If a color change is not updating in the preview panel, Save and refresh the page.
How to customize your theme
- Click → OR
- Click →
- Click Customize next to the theme thumbnail.
You will then have access to the following customizable options:
- Site title & tagline
- General Theme Options
- Theme Color Scheme
- Background Image
- Static Front Page
Site Title & Tagline
- Site Title: This is displayed in the browser’s title bar and is the same setting under →
- Tagline: Also displayed in the browser’s title bar, you may optionally leave this blank.
General Theme Settings
- Custom Logo: Upload an image to replace the “Ambition” logo. For best results, use an image that is around 250 pixels wide by 35 pixels tall and is not larger than 450 pixels wide or 200 pixels tall. You can access full custom Logo options under
- Custom Favicon: This should be a 16px by 16px PNG or transparent gif and appears in the browser’s address bar next to your URL. Access ful favicon options under
Header Color Scheme
You can change the color of your main nav menu link color and hover color.
Content Color Scheme
Change the color of elements in the body or layout area. Not ALL classes are included here. To change the color of an element not affected by the customizer, grab the style by right-clicking and choosing “Inspect Element” in your browser, then copy the style into the Custom CSS of your Theme Options area to customize it.
Footer Color Scheme
Change the color of elements in the footer area
Change general colors such as the header text (not active in MagPress) and Background color. We recommend you use the main Background manager under→ to see all of the options available to you for the background.