The Kiosk home page is designed to use widgets for the home page layout. Widgets grant you a wide range of customization options to create a home page that fits your style and content. If you have no widgets set, your home page will display a post slider by default. For new WordPress installs, you may need to drag out any default widgets.
Access your Widget admin area under→
Under the Widgets Section you will see the following panels:
- Home Page
- Shop Sidebar
- Blog Sidebar
The Home Page Widget area will accept any full-width or Obox home page (orange) widgets.
- Expand the slider panel and select a post type to display, then click Save
- Select a filter type, such as Categories, and click Save
- Select the tag or Category, or leave the default (All) selected and click Save
- Select a number of slides to show from the Post Count menu
- Select whether to show the More Info button. For products, this includes displaying the price.
- Click Save
(Obox) Content Widget
Display various kinds of content in a multi-column layout on your home page.
- Add a Title (optional)
- Select the number of columns to show
- Select the post type to display (Products, Posts, Portfolio, Team) and click Save
- Select a Filter type, such as Categories, and click Save
- Select your tag or category, or leave All selected, and click Save
- Select a number of posts to show from the Post Count menu. Ensure you choose at least as many posts as columns you selected in step 2.
- Posts/Pages/Portfolio Only:
- Select whether to display Post Feature Images or Videos in the Thumbnails menu. For video posts, your featured image will display if Thumbnails is chosen. For video posts without a thumbnail, the video will be shown by default.
- Check Show Date to display the published date
- Check Show Excerpts to display a short post excerpt below the thumbnail and title, then enter an excerpt length (between 90 -200 works best)
- Team Posts Only:
- Check Show Position to display the position text under the portrait thumbnail
- Check Show Social Networks to display the social link icons
- Click Save
- Slider Widget – set to display Products from Product Categories = All, with the More Info button enabled
- Content Widget – set to display Products in 3 columns from a Product Category called Featured
Shop SidebarThis block is designed to display WooCommerce and default WordPress widgets such as Text, Latest Posts and Comments. Any widget that you would usually place in the sidebar of your theme can be placed in this area, so it really is up to you. View our demo for examples. For help with Woo Widgets, visit the WooCommerce Documentation.
SidebarThis block is designed to display Obox (blue) and any single-column widgets (grey) such as Text, Latest Posts and Comments, although you can also put WooCommerce widgets here such as Recently Viewed, Featured Products etc. This sidebar appears on category/post-list pages, the Archives page template, Blog page template (with sidebar enabled) and default pages. Below are details on configuring Obox widgets. For help with default widgets, visit the WordPress Codex. For Woo Widgets, visit the WooCommerce Documentation.
(Obox) Twitter StreamDisplay the Twitter timeline. Please note that you cannot customize or change the format of the tweets beyond what the widget offers (this is a Twitter requirement)
- Enter a Title such as “Follow Me on Twitter”. This title will link to your profile.
- Enter your Twitter ID without the @
- Click the link to go to your Twitter Profile widget page
- Select the number of Tweets to show.
- Select whether to display Replies/ Retweets
- Select a default color scheme. When used in the sidebar or any dark background, choose Dark.
- Enter a custom color for the links using an HTML color code (gray by default)
- Enter a widget height to adjust the container height if showing more than 3 tweets.
- Click Save
(Obox) Social LinksDisplays icons linking to your social profiles. Enter the full URLs to your social profiles here. For the email field, enter your email address. For RSS, enter your RSS Feed Url or Feedburner URL.
(Obox) Popular PostsThis widget displays posts links ranked by the number of comments received in all time.
- Enter a Title
- Select a Post Count
- Select a Post Category
- Click Save