Before you can really get started with setting up your site, you first need to add content to WordPress. Without content, you won’t be able to fill out your widgets or see how theme templates look.
There are a number of different content types that you can create with this theme:
- Standard Posts
- Team Members
Each of these content items have a widget where you can display the posts in a special format on the homepage or a widgetized page template.
Because this theme is designed to be a single-scrolling site, widget content, with the exception of posts, does not link except where a custom link option is available (slider buttons, partners, widget titles)
You have two options for creating content for initially setting up your theme. You may load our Demo Content file to see how things work before adding your own, or you may add a few test posts of the types you plan to use yourself. Detailed instructions on adding each content type are covered on the following articles. We recommend going through them at least once so you understand how the post options impact your post appearance.
Demo ContentIf you prefer to pre-load our demo content into your theme to get a head start, you may use our demo content file below.
- Right-click the below link and choose Save File As or your browser equivalent
- Unzip the downloaded file to find the foundation_demo-content.xml file
- Go to → and click WordPress
- If prompted to install the plugin, follow the steps to install and activate.
- Browse to the foundation_demo-content.xml file and click Upload and Import.
- You will be prompted to import authors and users from our demo site. Select your name from each drop-down to assign posts to yourself so these users are not creted on your setup.
- Click the "Download and import file attachments" box to attempt to import our demo images.
Return to the Quick Setup Guide or continue with the next article →