The following modification is for adding additional social network buttons to the single post and pages, next to the Tweet and Like This buttons.
- Go to → and scroll down to the Post Meta section
- Uncheck Social Sharing
- Go to → and search for “Social Sharing”
- Review your options and install the plugin of your choice. Look for plugins that are confirmed compatible with the current version of WordPress, appear to be actively developed (recent update or publsh date) and have a rating of 4-5 stars.
- Install and customize your plugin to display where and what you wish
Custom Widget Code Method
- Go to addthis.com or any social sharing widget provider of your choice and setup a custom widget using the “Website” embed option.
- Copy the code
- Go to Custom CSS box on the General tab, but may also be found on the Social or Customize tabs in specific themes such as The Writer or Ambition. Refer to your Theme Documentation “Configure Theme Options” article for specifics. and paste the code into the Social Widget Code field. In most themes this is located in the Custom Styling section under the
- Ensure the Social Sharing option is checked in the Post or Page Meta sections or your custom buttons may not be visible.