This update focuses on the theme end of Social Commerce to offer several front-end enhancements, keeping an emphasis on Social Commerce as a tool for strengthening your visitor’s trust through Facebook-centric design and focused browsing of shop content securely in your Facebook iframe.
- Button styles now match Facebook, border removed
- Secondary colors updated to a single color for consistency
- Font and spacing updated for a more modern look
- White background colors removed from individual containers – there is now one background color on the body*
- Added CSS transitions for smoother hovers
- Improved form field styling
*The body background is white by default. If you had previsouly restyled SC using Custom CSS, you will probably need to re-evaluate those styles to adjust for link color, borders and individual backgrounds.
Improved Social Tools
This update introduces new Like and Share buttons for single products, which are designed specifically for sharing from within Facebook (compared to a social sharing plugin you may use on your main site). It also introduces Facebook reviews, replacing the standard WooCommerce reviews. This helps generate increased linkbacks and conversation about your products, keeping it within the realm of Facebook. It also allows you to separate Facebook traffic from standard site traffic and reviews to aid in deriving more accurate statistics for your marketing strategy. The Facebook comments are not displayed on products by default and are no longer hidden behind a tab.
Social Commerce now allows you to enable or disable Add To Cart buttons in your shop and category pages. Hiding the buttons is helpful when you want to encourage click-throughs to the main product page (where the share and commenting happens) or for sites that sell variable products that require a click-through.
The former Social Widget Code option has been removed, as it was not able to override sharing plugins used on your main site.
- To update Social Commerce, visit your Obox Dashboard and download it from the Plugins page.
- Go to in your WordPress admin and deactivate Social Commerce, then delete it.
- Click → and upload/activate the new version.
- Visit Social Commerce options to review the new options or update any customizations.
- Ensure WooCommerce settings are compatible with Facebook.