Old Post 2.0 is a revamped upgrade to the original Old Post theme that removes dependency on WooTumblog, replacing the tumblog functionality with WordPress post formats. This update also adds several enhancements and support for WordPress 3.5+. Due to the size and severity of the update, we strongly recommend backing up any modifications, and reinstalling with a fresh download of the full theme versus using the hotfix updater. Please review the following guide carefully to understand the changes and actions you must take if you choose to upgrade.
How to Upgrade
- Download the Old Post 2.0 theme file from your purchase profile.
- Connect to your server via FTP and rename your existing wp-content/themes >oldpost folder to oldpost-old
- Unzip the full theme 2.0 package (oldpost_single.zip) to find the new oldpost folder
- Upload the new folder to wp-content/themes
View detailed instructions here
After Updating : What You Need to Do
This update changes how your images are handled, adds theme options and uses post formats instead of WooTumblog. You will need to verify your theme settings and widgets.
- Go to →
- Search for “regenerate thumbnails” and Install/Activate the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin
- Go to
→ and click Regenerate Thumbnails. This process may take several minute.
- Do not navigate away from the page until it is complete. You may continue with these instructions in a new browser tab.
- Go to Visit this article to learn about the new options. and verify your settings.
- Go to your → page and verify your widgets. In particular you will need to resave the Twitter and Social Links widgets, if used.
For details on setup of new widget options, view the Old Post documentation.
Migrate Your Data
All content should continue to display in your older posts with minor layout differences, and no editing should be required. However, if you wish to migrate all of your data away from WooTumblog, please view the new Theme Documentation for how to create posts using the various post formats and where to find your old data.
- New Welcome page has quick start tips, link to demo content and theme documentation
- Widget Coloring for easier setup
- Popular posts widget updated to support categories
- Twitter widget supports retweets and replies
- Social widget has more networks and updated icons
- Theme Options added for hiding meta and social sharing
- Custom CSS added to Theme Options for storing customizations in database – please move any styles in custom.css into this field.
- Added a new Light color style
- Image handling now uses WP Thumbnail functions.
- Removed dependency on WooTumblog plugin – now supports WordPress post formats
- jPlayer for HTML5 audio
- Improved support for localization
- Replaced comments with WP comments
- Added support for oEmbed
- “Custom header text” has been removed – the theme uses the Site Dexcription from either WordPress Settings or Theme Options > SEO Options
- Background on Wood style has been updated and now tiles properly to support large screens
- Updated twitter widget script
- Added title fallback and opengraph support
- Featured image no longer appears twice on portfolio slider if uploaded using main image field
- Updated depreciated functions
- Post formats will now use normal WordPress archives layout
Update Your Theme or Download Update (requires login)