Momento 2.0 is a major update offering several enhancements, WordPress 3.5 compatibility and updated widgets. Due to the size of the update, we strongly recommend you reinstall your theme with a freshly downloaded copy of 2.0. If you purchased Momento through Themeforest, it may take awhile for the update to be approved. You may try updating through the Theme Updater if you do not wish to wait.
How to Update
- Download the update file using the link below.
- View the Update Manually section of this article
- Do not use the update file to reinstall!
- Connect to your site via FTP and go to wp-content/themes
- Rename your existing donedeal folder to donedeal123
- Unzip the full theme 2.0 package (momento_single.zip)
- Upload the new momento folder
View detailed instructions here
After Updating : What You Need to Do
This update changes how your images are handled, and adds new options. You will need to verify your theme settings and widgets.
- Go to →
- Search for “regenerate thumbnails” and Install/Activate the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin
- Go to
→ and click Regenerate Thumbnails. This process may take several minute.
- Do not navigate away from the page until it is complete. You may continue with these instructions in a new browser tab.
- Go to and verify your Post Meta options
- Go to your Widgets page and reconfigure your widgets. Pay special attention to widgets that require saving filters.
For details on setup of new widget options, view the Momento documentation.
- New Welcome page has quick start tips, link to demo content and theme documentation
- New white style for clean/minimal look
- Improved Dark style
- Titles added to column widgets
- Added Flickr widget
- Widget Coloring for easier setup
- Lightbox will now constrain to screen to a max of 1024px. continue to use portfolio slider “expand” for full-sie viewing
- Popular posts widget updated to support categories
- Twitter widget supports retweets and replies
- Social widget has more networks and updated icons
- Slider widget now supports portfolio posts
- Theme Options added for hiding meta and social sharing
- Custom CSS added to Theme Options for storing customizations in database – please move any styles in custom.css into this field.
- Image handling now uses WP Thumbnail functions. You may continue to upload images using “Set Featured Image”
- Single column option added for portfolio pages
- Improved portfolio responsive styling for mobile screens
- Portfolio widget will now recognize correct number of posts
- Slider will now expand with animation
- Service icon will now set WordPress featured image automatically and constrain to a max of 48px
- Updated twitter widget script
- Added page attribute support for services to support custom ordering
- Updated two col widget to support same options as 4 col
- Added title fallback and opengraph support
- Footer background now expands full width – will take color in Appearance Background settings
- If light style is selected, it now properly loads original grey-blue style
- Blog widget post count now works
- Styling improved on column widgets
- Slider images in homepage will size fulll-width where large enough (no longer constrained to height of slider)
- Portfolio thumbnails open the correct image in portfolio slider
- Featured image no longer appears twice on portfolio slider if uploaded using main image field
- Column layout fixed for 3 and 4 column portfolio pages
- Slider can now show all post types
- Improved support for localization
- Updated depreciated functions
- Improved support for oEmbed
Special note: Momento is now retired, which means it will no longer receive hotfixes. For more info, see this article.