Recommended image sizes for your slider:
Slider Backgrounds: Accepts any tile-able image. For full-width backgrounds, upload images at least 1920 pixels wide.
Slider images: 480×270 for video (16:9), or automatic height for images. Upload images at least 480 pixels wide to slider posts for use as the featured image.
The Slider post type allows you to easily create image or vide0-based posts specifically for display in the slider, and link them to any other content or webpage. Use this post type for promotions, intro graphics, or to link to specific categories.
To get started, click on→
- Enter a Title. This is displayed in the large bold font if a text layout is chosen.
- Enter some brief text into the post editor, if desired. This is displayed in the content font size and should be kept short. Numbered or Bulleted lists are OK
- Click on Browse in the Slider Options panel to select a featured image to use, or optionally add an oEmbed URL or video embed code to display a video instead. You may skip this step if using a text-only layout
- Select a Slider layout by clicking the appropriate thumbnail.
- If you would like a call-to-action button, enter the Button URL and Button Text, and select a Button color. The button will not show if the URL is empty.
- If you would like to customize the Slider Background, you may set a solid background color, then optionally upload a pattern tile or large-format background/photo by clicking Browse. Set the display option for the image such as tile, position and scrolling as you would the site background.
- Enter an Excerpt at the bottom of the editor screen if you would like to display some text in the secondary heading size.
- Optionally select or create a Category
- Click Publish
Fixing Overlap Issues
If you have uploaded a custom logo that is taller than the default, you will need to add Custom CSS for adjusting the parallax. This solves any issues with your header overlapping the slider text or title banner.