With more people shopping online, customer expectations are extremely high. When customers are buying on your website, they don’t check out the cart and hope for the best.
They need more information regarding when their item will arrive.
With the WooCommerce Shipment Tracking extension, you’re able to provide customers with peace of mind and in turn, build a trustworthy relationship.
You can add the tracking link anywhere on the website or via an email. This extension supports custom tracking links and automatic tracking links for the following major providers:
- Australia Post
- Canada Post
- City Link
- Royal Mail
- TNT Express (consignment)
- TNT Express (reference)
Here’s how adding the shipment tracking could help your business and store:
Takes the ‘guess’ out of guesswork
Time is valuable when you’re running an online store. You’re focused on providing value for your current customers while trying to grow. The last thing you need is trying to figure out where the item is now – especially if an irate customer calls.
With the shipment tracking extension, you won’t be spending all your time fielding calls and instead, spend more time on other areas of your business.
Manage customer expectations
Picture this: A customer has received their shipping delivery date and tracking number. They’ve noticed that the item hasn’t moved from the second warehouse since they’ve received a confirmation email. They decide to contact you to find out more about the delivery.
With the shipment information, you’ll a) know which warehouse to contact and b) you’re now able to provide the customer with the more information about their item. Will they be angry? They won’t be happy but now they’ll manage their schedule with the new shipment date.
- Download the WooCommerce Shipment Tracking .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
Once you’ve added the extension, you can set up and configure it with the following:
- Choose a provider. This should be the shipping company you use. If your provider is not listed, choose the Custom Provider option.
- Add the tracking number that the provider assigned. If you chose the custom option, you need to enter the full link to the company’s tracking page (if applicable).
- Choose a shipping date (optional), which is when the package was shipped.
- (optional) Test the preview link to see if it works as you expect.
- Save tracking. This is also a good time to change the order status to Complete. Marking the order as Complete will send the Completed Order email to the customer, including the shipment tracking code.
- (optional) Add additional tracking numbers by clicking Add Tracking Number.