These instructions pertain to Obox plugins only. For help with updating Layers Extensions, see How to Update Layers Extensions
Free plugins including Easygram and Launchpad are updated the standard way from your WordPress dashboard. You will see an update notification on your Plugins page when we push an update to the plugin repository. If you need to update your plugin manually, you may download an updated copy from the plugin’s homepage on WordPress.org, or from your Obox Dashboard under Plugins.
- Download an updated copy of the plugin from your Obox Dashboard under My Plugins.
- Unzip the file to an easy to find location on your computer
- Connect to your site via FTP and upload the unzipped plugin folder (social-commerce, easygram-pro, or obox-mobile-2 for example) to wp-content/plugins to overwrite the existing files.
- Zips downloaded from CodeCanyon may unzip into a main folder that contains this folder, so be sure you have the right one!)
- Verify the version is updated now by visiting Plugins and checking the version listed under the plugin’s entry.
Check Your Version
- Go to → and look at the version listed under the Plugin title.
- Go to the Updates page on this site , select your plugin, and read each update post since your version so you understand what will change and if you need to take any action
Download the Updated Version
If your version is behind the latest published version on the Updates page, you need to update.
- Go to your Plugins page here on Obox.
- Locate your plugin and click Download Theme
- If this is the first time visiting this page and you bought your plugin on CodeCanyon, click Home in the Dashboard sidebar and click the Themeforest icon to enter your license key.
- If your plugin is not listed, ensure it is not a Layers Extension, and that you have an active license. Updates are available for 1 year from the date of purchase unless you purchase additional support on this site.
Follow the Quick Method outlined in How to Reinstall Your Theme
No matter how careful you are or how closely you follow the directions, sometimes things just go horribly wrong. In most cases, reinstalling the theme with a fresh copy will solve any issues related to updating.