Have you seen Elementor?
Our flagship product, Layers has been acquired by the team at Elementor.
With a powerful, fast page builder, Elementor is the best way to get your site online with as little effort as possible.
This article covers basic use of the standard Post in WordPress. Check out the following video walkthroughs for a visual supplement to these detailed steps.Before you add posts, it is a good idea to plan out your content structure. Posts may be divided into several topics, such as News, Lifestyle, Interviews and so on. View your theme demo to see how we use categories in your theme.
- Click on →
- Add a new category to serve as your main News category, then click Add New Category. For example, our demo uses "Latest News."
- Repeat to add a category named Featured. You can use the Featured category to hand-pick posts from across multiple categories to display in your widgets.
- Add a Sound and Video category to showcase those post types if you plan to use them.
- Add more categories as desired, but keep them general to make navigating your content easier.
- Use Tags in your posts to break the content down into more detailed topics if needed.
Add a Post
- Click on →
- Add a title and enter your content.
- Create an excerpt by either typing some text into the Excerpt field below the post editor.
- Click the add a featured image.
link in the post editor sidebar to
- Tip: If using video Embeds (instead of oEmbed) add a featured image to encourage click-throughs to your main video post
- Add any additional content in the options panel, such as links or video
- Add some tags
- Click Publish
Your theme comes with several custom styles and elements you can access by clicking on the Obox button in the post or page editor. Unlike shortcodes, these options apply special styling directly to your content, which can be previewed in the editor. For best results, write your post content first, then go back, place your cursor where you want a styled element to appear, then select an option from the Obox menu to insert the element for editing. Detailed instructions for using Obox Styles are available in the Obox Styles article linked at right.